Plant-based nutrition course
If you’re looking for a plant-based nutrition course, there’s a few options to choose from. However, there is one that stands a little higher than the rest. This is of course Plant-Based Nutrition at eCornell.
Lead by none other Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his son Dr. Thomas Campbell, it’s a course taught by the modern-day pioneers of plant-based nutrition.
Dr Campbell was first made famous by his publication of The China Study, Whole and The Low-Carb Fraud. Here he turned conventional thinking on diet on it’s head. He proved that many major chronic diseases are turned on and off by the foods we eat. For example, he found that cultures who eat an almost exclusive plant-based diet saw an almost 0% obesity, heart disease and diabetes rate.
During the plant-based nutrition course you’ll learn a number of things. If you’re new to this kind of information, you’ll walk away and completely re-think your lifestyle and dietary choices.
The plant-based nutrition course will take you 2 months and will consist of three, two week courses. It is expected there will be a learning time of 10-12 hours per course.
Read more below!
Created by the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, this revolutionary program will help you understand the importance of diet and nutrition for your life. Through video presentations, including over 25 experts (MDs, PhDs, RDs, RNs), research and perspectives are provided to emphasise why following a plant-based diet and lifestyle is optimal for health—including the prevention and reversal of diseases such as heart disease and diabetes—and how you can implement the proposed lifestyle immediately.
Consisting of three two-week courses, this online certificate program provides you the opportunity to examine historic and contemporary research, learn the steps for practical application in your life, and be better prepared to engage in productive conversations with friends, colleagues, clients, or patients about the science and philosophy behind plant-based nutrition. Interactive elements throughout the course provide tools for learning and check understanding of content presented.
The foundation of the program is based on Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s lectures, experience and decades of research. Over the course of his career, he has served on grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, actively participated in the development of national and international nutrition policy, authored over 300 research papers, has been awarded more than seventy grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and given hundreds of lectures around the world. He coauthored the bestselling book The China Study and is the author of the New York Times bestseller Whole, and The Low-Carb Fraud.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to:
- Understand the state of nutrition and reflect on your personal nutritional background
- Describe the role of macronutrients in the functioning of the body
- Recognize how government and industry can affect dietary choices and the environment
- Explain the role of nutrition in the development of chronic and degenerative diseases including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes
- Identify ways to implement whole food plant-based meals for you and your family
- Illustrate how a whole food plant-based diet can help improve strength, speed and endurance for athletic performance
- Explore the psychological reasons we are drawn to foods that do not support health
- Summarize the relationship between diet and weight loss