Pancakes are delicious, no one can deny. However, finding an easy vegan pancake recipe can be a bit of a drag, especially when there are so many out there.
I’ve tried a recipe using bananas, but found it a bit of a pain as I don’t always have bananas in. Yet, I’ve now found the perfect recipe! You will 100% have the ingredients already in your cupboard, and it takes just a few minutes to make.
This recipe makes about 6 small pancakes, so best to double the recipe.
- 1 and a quarter cup of all purpose/plain flour.
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
- 1 1/4 cups of water.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and mix together.
- Make a hole in the middle of the ingredients, this is where you will pour the wet ingredients.
- Mix together the water, oil and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Pour into the dry, and mix well. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy!
- Grease a griddle with either oil or butter (I use butter), and when heated, pour about 4 tablespoons of mixture onto the griddle.
- Wait until the edges are crispy and bubbles have formed, and flip.
- Rinse and repeat!
Unfortunately I have no good photos of these pancakes, as I always scoff them down before even thinking of taking pictures! I made some today however which were perfect. A gorgeous golden brown and just the right shape, they were the best I’ve made so far.
If you make extra batter, simply cover the bowl with some cling film and pop it in the fridge. It will last a good few days as there are no perishable ingredients (yay), so just give it a whisk and you’re ready to go.
I top mine with some golden syrup, but these would be great with just about anything. Lemon, sugar, banana, go for it!
There you have it, a really easy vegan pancake recipe that even the worst of chefs will be able to make.