It’s that time of year where you’re starting to plan your (hopefully fully vegan) Christmas day. Nothing says Christmas more than looking at some of the best vegan Christmas pudding recipes!
- 7 oz / 200g vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp black treacle
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g breadcrumbs
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g wholemeal flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g prunes, chopped
- 10 1/2 oz / 300g mixture of currants, sultanas & raisins
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 cooking apple, grated finely
- 1 medium carrot, grated finely
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp sherry
- Cream the margarine and treacle together.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well to a soft dropping consistency.
- Grease a basin well and fill with the mixture leaving about 2 1/2 cm free from the top to allow for rising. Cover with greaseproof paper and aluminium foil and secure with string.Place in a saucepan and pour in boiling water halfway up the sides of the basin. Simmer gently for 5 hours, topping up the water as necessary.
- Once cooked the pudding can be kept cold until needed. Steam for a further 2 hours before serving.
Hey these recipes are all well and good, but we get that you might not have the time to make your own from scratch. Here’s a ready-made vegan Christmas pudding that you can buy from the local shops and a kit that helps you cut most the corners.
This kit includes everything you need to have a tasty vegan christmas pudding. It even has ready-to-roll icing and marzipan to help you create a gorgeous looking pudding.
This is a simple rip out of the packet and cook it, kind of thing. Dead easy and still promising a decent vegan taste. These might be slightly harder to find but occasionally pop up for sale on Amazon.